Catching Up on School Meals: For the past 2 years, all students have received school meals at no cost thanks to federal USDA waivers during the COVID-19 pandemic. But those waivers expired on June 30. What does this mean for school meals in North Carolina?
In our FWIW (For What It’s Worth) blog series, we are attempting to break down the intricacies and confusion around school meals and hopefully shed light on the “worth” of school meals. The school meals program is extremely complicated so the NC Alliance for Health took bite-sized portions and served them up!
- How School Meals Are Funded
- How School Meals Are Reimbursed
- Household Meal Application
- Community Eligibility Provision
- National School Lunch Program and National School Lunch Week