Sign Up for Day of Action
Thursday, March 9, 2023
Any Time, Wherever You Are
Register and join us on International School Meals Day on Thursday, March 9, 2023, for a Day of Action for School Meals for All NC. You can participate at any time from wherever you are that day (or any day thereafter).
We can build strong, resilient communities by making no-cost school meals available to all students. Join us any time and from wherever you are on March 9 to support school meals for all and educate NC legislators and your community about the importance of school meals for all in one or more of the following ways:
- Making a phone call to your legislators. Don’t know what to say? We’ll provide a script!
- Emailing your legislators. Our action alert system will make it easy and convenient.
- Posting to social media with posts from our toolkit.
- Writing a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. We have a template.
- Sharing your school meals story.
- Writing a thank you note to the school nutrition staff at your local school letting them know how much you appreciate them. They managed to keep serving meals on the front lines throughout the pandemic, and they are committed to providing healthy meals to our children no matter what.
- Asking your child’s school nutrition director if you can visit for breakfast or lunch. If you do, take a picture and share it on social media using #SchoolMealsForAllNC #ncpol #ISMD2023
- Asking your county commissioners, school board, board of health, and/or other local decision-making body to adopt the resolution in support of school meals for all.
- Attending the opening satellite party to hear about how school meals for all would benefit us all.
- Joining us on Zoom throughout the day to ask questions, get support, or just connect.
- Participating in another way – share your ideas with us and we can help!